- ABOUT US
- OUR PROGRAMS
- SUPPORT YOUR LIBRARY
- GET INVOLVED
- FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY
Friends of the Library
2014 BOOK FAIR
Friday, August 15 - Sunday, August 17
Check back for additional details in the summer!
Who We Are
The Friends of the Library are a group of supporters who choose to invest in the future of St. Charles County through the Library District. The Friends make it possible to meet increased demands placed on the Library District due to the growing population. In addition to membership dues, funds are raised through our annual book fairs and merchandise sold in library branches. All of the money raised goes directly to the district to provide programs, services and enhanced amenities.
- Join the Friends of the Library
- Attend Friends General Membership meetings
- Volunteer at our Summer Book Fair
- Volunteer to promote the Friends at Special Events
Without the Friends of the Library our district could not offer:
- Children’s Summer Reading Programs
- Book Discussion Kits
- Adult Reading Programs
- Online Book Clubs
- Special Children’s Performances
- Teen Gaming Programs
- And much, much more!
Purchase a Friends membership using the membership form.
For a list of Membership Levels and Benefits click here.
Friends of the Library Staff Liaison
77 Boone Hills Dr
St. Peters, MO 63376
636-441-2300 ext 1583
The Friends of the Library gladly accept new and gently-used book donations for the annual book fair or possibly for use in our libraries. All proceeds are given back to the Library District to fund special programs and amenities within library branches. Here are a few tips to help simplify your donation experience:
- New & used books in good condition are gladly accepted regardless of age. NOTE: Please recycle moldy, dirty or damaged books and items that smell of smoke or animals. That is what we will do with them!
- Encyclopedia sets published within 10 years
- Textbooks published within 10 years
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED - The Friends of the Library no longer accept magazines older than two years or National Geographic magazines regardless of publication date.
Click here for details on branch locations that accept donations and quantity limitations.